Hi my name is Vanessa.
I’m 28 and finally a Toronto (ish) proper resident (#suburbsontheweekend). After years of drama, tears and spinning my wheels (that began before the dreaded quarter life crisis), I started a more spiritual, self help approach to life.
My struggle has been to come to terms with the past and develop new, positive beliefs to replace old limiting ones. I don’t pretend to have all the answers but I do try and offer honest, thought provoking perspective sparked by my personal life journey. Topics covered include:
- Spiritual growth
- Living boldly and deliberately
- Other 20 something concerns we can all sing kumbaya about
By day, I work in digital customer experience. But I probably should have been a sociologist/anthropologist (there’s still time right?).
By weekend, I love books, indie movies and sometimes TV. As a kid, the Sweet Valley High Twins, Cher Horowitz and Topanga made me feel less alone. I drag my butt to yoga once a week and experiment with organic/healthy recipes. Meditation is starting to happen. Travelling and indie rock bands make my heart sing.
We only get one shot at life my friends, so let’s stay hungry and foolish together!
A Brief Professional Bio:
Vanessa studied drama at a high school for the performing arts before choosing a top rated Business school over a well regarded Journalism program. She fears this was her Sophie’s choice. With years of experience in financial services and telecom marketing, Vanessa is building her career in digital customer experience. That is, until she gets her book published, has it turned into a movie, in which she plays a supportive yet crucial role. All in good time…
More narcissistic fun facts (are we best friends yet?):
- Favourite Movies: Vicky Christina Barcelona, 500 Days of Summer, One Week, Cinderella, Clueless
- Recent Reads: One Day, The Alchemist, Your Voice in My Head, Losing Clementine, Quiet
- Faves: Dawson’s Creek, Buffy, Girls
- Role Models: Tina Fey, Kristin Wiig, Jennifer Westfeldt, Jenna Marbles, my grandma
- Favourite Cities: Paris, Lisbon
- Myers-Briggs: INTJ